Self Acceptance & Self Love ๐Ÿ˜Š


"Self love is self acceptance.
We need to accept who we are, identify the 
Strengths in that, and let those strengths 
guid as a person."
                                               ~Sherry Benton

The mask that we show the world [becomes] the part of us that's important, rather than being able to look inside at who we really are, behind that mask, and accept that deeper part of ourselves.
It's being able to look at yourself realistically and love and appreciate who you are, with your strengths and your foibles. Accept the things you struggle with. 

 "From a young age, we all learn who we are and who we should be as reflected in the people around us, and if we find that other people foster social comparison, then that becomes how we see ourselves," Benton, Ph.D.,founder and chief science officer of TAO Connect, tells.

"Remember That This Struggle is  Universally  Human"

Benton explains, 
"1.[change Your Internal Dialogue],steady stream of self-criticism tends to belie the struggle for self-acceptance, and the first step is to become aware of these self-defeating thoughts. Change your internal dialogue instead of avoiding those thoughts that run through your head. Don't give them so much power.
2.[Put Aside Self-Judgment],We all have a tendency to be hard on ourselves, but "it's easier to grow as a person and develop and engage with self-improvement if we've put aside self-judgment.
3.[Meditate], Scientifically, meditation and loving-kindness meditation helps in."

Self loving;
◆The good things that can happen when you simply accept yourself for who you are. I'm able to look back on my perceived inadequacies and view them as some of my most treasured assets. When you allow outside influences to shape you or your opinion of yourself, you're giving up the vitally important power of determining your own happiness and self-worth. I'm happy to say that in many ways, I've reclaimed that power, and in doing so, I'm reclaiming myself.

**Hope, guys who are willing to love the way they are, will transform to be a good self lover after reading this.
                                                      ~Sangeetha:)

Comments

  1. It's been 5 months,searching for things that could satisfy me and makes me happy.But now,I have come to know,unless accepted the self and loving myself nothing works right nor makes me feel happy & satisfied.

    Thanks for posting such wonderful lines which help me alot��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice posting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment